News & Events
Sent exclusively to alumni, the Professional Psychology Program newsletter features alumni and department updates, as well as event information. If you are one of our alumni, update your contact information with the GW Office of Alumni Relations to start receiving this and other exclusive alumni benefits. And don’t forget to send an email to the department with your life updates for future newsletters.
Virtual Bulletin and University Events
Stay current with Professional Psychology Program events and dates; read recent publications from our amazing students, faculty and alumni; and be the first to learn about scholarship and job postings by regularly checking our virtual bulletin.
Also, stay up-to-date about university events and activities by browsing the GW Events Calendar. Check the event description for details about how to participate, and contact the event organizer if you have any questions. Finally, be sure to check the Academic Calendar for key academic dates for the semester, such as holidays, exam periods and modifications to class schedules.
Program members, faculty, alumni, respected speakers and the GW mental health community members gather twice a year to discuss the most pressing issues and topics of psychological practice, providing an open forum for our community. We hope to see you at the next colloquium event!
Past presenters and topics have included:
- The Mental Health System: Implications for Graduate Students
- Abuse in Clinical Practice: Reporting Laws and False Memory
- Reconceptualization of Psychotherapeutic Treatment for Gay and Lesbian Patients
- Cognitive Test Performance in African American and Hispanic Elders
- State of Confusion: Political Manipulation and the Assault on the American Mind